Vensoft® helps minimize defects in your application development and maintenance by verifying the accuracy of your application against a given set of business requirements.
Vensoft® Validation and Verification (testing) services encompass test strategy design, test case creation, test bed design and the regular activity of test execution, test replication and bug tracking & resolution. The testing includes functionality, system, load/stress, performance, scalability, security, installation & compatibility, usability, inter-op, etc.
The failure or erroneous operation of mission-critical software may result in substantial financial loss and missed targets. The reliability and quality demands of software/ systems are so high that activities such as Independent Testing and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) become mandatory to increase the confidence level in the system.
Vensoft® helps minimize defects in your application development and maintenance by verifying the accuracy of your application against a given set of business requirements. We develop the custom tools you need for automated testing of functional, regression and performance tests. By automating independent testing, you can reduce the time required to run the full suite of testing processes from days or weeks to a matter of hours.
Our involvement is also at a more strategic and enterprise-wide level. Our verification and validation solutions can be split into 3 tiers:
- Our Custom Verification and Validation services address your common testing needs, with an emphasis on offshore-based solutions. Vensoft® brings in test experts with test process and domain knowledge to address the following independent testing needs:
- Functionality Testing
- Functionality Testing involves validating that an application conforms to its specifications and correctly performs all its required functions. It entails a series of tests, which perform a feature-by-feature validation of behavior, using a wide range of normal and erroneous input data.
- Systems Integration Testing
- Systems Integration Testing is conducted on a complete, integrated system to validate the system's compliance with its specified requirements. During system testing, one focuses solely on the outputs generated in response to inputs provided and execution conditions, rather than verifying the internal structure of the program/ system.
- User Acceptance Testing
- User Acceptance Testing checks the system against the "Requirements" and validates that system has delivered what was initially requested. The client/ end users typically performance User Acceptance Testing.
- Usability Testing
- Usability Testing is "testing the software from a user's point of view." Essentially it means testing software to prove/ ensure that it is 'user-friendly', as distinct from testing the functionality of the software.
- Globalization Testing
- The goal of globalization testing is to check if the application is ready for global release. It involves checking the functionality of the product with any of the culture/ locale settings using every type of international input possible.
- Compatibility Testing
- Compatibility testing verifies that an application looks and functions the same across all supported hardware and software configurations. The variables could include Web browsers, Operating systems, processor types, network connections, etc.
- Disaster Recovery Testing
- Disaster recovery testing is designed to see whether a system can be recovered successfully in an alternate environment and can be used to restart the business processes without loss of information. A sound disaster recovery plan is essential to protect the well being of an organization.
- Our Specialty Verification and Validation Services address the finer aspects of applications, such as analyzing the performance and security needs of the applications. Vensoft® brings in engineers with expertise in the latest technologies, test tools and platforms.
- Performance Benchmarking
- This is conducted to evaluate the system's ability to meet the required performance levels. It is non-functional in nature and usually requires the usage of special tools and hardware to simulate production-like environments.
- Availability Testing
- This tries to determine whether the application meets its operational availability requirements. It also tries to determine the stability of the application and the expected downtime of the deployed application.
- Reliability Testing
- Reliability testing helps define the failure rate of the product and tries to measure how long a system can be expected to operate before it fails due to hardware overload, memory leakage, etc.
- Security Assessment
- Security Testing is conducted to test the vulnerability of a system/ facility to unintended and/ or unauthorized users and processes and to test the restrictions applicable to different functions of the system/ facility. Security testing highlights the inadequacies/ deficiencies due to non-adherence of security processes.
- Automated Regression Testing
- Regression test is a consistent, repeatable validation of each new release of a product conducted to ensure that reported product defects have been corrected for each new release and that no new quality problems were introduced in the maintenance process. Automation is often used to reduce the time and resources to perform this type of testing.
- Product Certification
- "Software certification" is the term used to certify the quality of a software application/ product against the functional and non-functional specifications before its release to production/ end-user. The Certification variances could be Version certification - new Release/ version compliance, Platform compatibility or Defect fix certification - upgrade/ patch certification.
- Our Verification and Validation solutions address your strategic needs such as Enterprise Test management or Test process analysis/ improvements. Our independent testing processes are geared towards long-term benefits like predictable release schedules and increased tester independence.
- Strategic Test Management Consultancy
- A strategic approach to testing will forecast the action plans which includes the different types of testing that would be followed in the testing life cycle, identifying risk issues etc. earlier so that progress can be evaluated more precisely. The development of a test strategy is a means of communication with the customer on the organization of testing and the strategic choices that go with it. Strategic Test Management Consultancy will help identify how test management can be done at the most effective level.
- Test Process Consultancy
- Test process consultancy is figuring out the best practice/ methodology to be followed for a project with respect to the requirements of the system specified by the client. Test Process consultancy also helps identify the best value additions that can be given to the client.
- Test Program Management
- Project management is a process that spans the entire project life cycle. This process involves mainly review of contractual commitments and project planning during the initiation stage, project monitoring and relationship management during the execution stage. During the project closure stage, a post-project analysis is done and best practices followed in the project are identified and recorded.
- Test Automation Consultancy
- Test automation consultancy is a part of test process consultancy. It deals with identifying specific modules of the system which fall under the testing process that can be automated and also the best tools and methods to be used for the automation of the testing process.
- Performance Test Consultancy
- Performance test consultancy deals with providing solutions to improve the speed of business for real time systems which can directly affect the business of an organization. It deals with identifying the required performance levels of the system which might comprise large number of users accessing simultaneously an application and also large number of independent host systems which may part of the framework and test the system with respect to the performance.